Saturday, December 8, 2012

THE BEDROOM SAGA

This is how my bedroom has evolved in recent times

The bedhead was the first thing my hubby and I made together many years ago. My more modern take on a brass bed.


The chair was my Grandma's I had it repaired and covered in this yellow Warwick fabric in my blue and yellow phase. I made the curtains and pelmet.


Then I bought the mirror. The wall colour bothered me as I always felt it was too pink.

Then I made new curtains and pelmets. Still too pink.
I wanted a softer pretty look for the bed skirt.


So I painted the walls .Got rid of the pelmet and all the clutter on the walls.

Made a soft voile bedskirt. Now I'm going to have a go at making a padded bedhead and recover the most gorgeous little wing back chair ( a road side find). I have know idea what fabric to cover the chair in any suggestions ??? But I do have some velvet for the bedhead.

No comments:

Post a Comment